F1 2017 is now Available on the Mac App Store
Feral Interactive sure knows how to take care of us. Not only did they secure F1 2017 for Mac, they released it on the same day as the Windows version: August 25, 2017.
This is exciting news, even if most of us don't care about motorsports. F1 2014 and F1 2015 never made it to MacOS (in fact, F1 2015 was canceled mid-way through production). F1 2016 did, but months later than on Windows. And now F1 2017 does and on the same day as on Windows.
That's a positive trend that I hope will continue.
Among the many new features, highlights are:
- A Huge Career Mode. The ten-year Career Mode includes practice programmes to help you hone your skills.
- Research and Development to provide greater control over the development of your car, and the ability to tune engines and gearboxes over the course of the season.
- A New Gameplay Mode called Championships.
- Invitational Events.
- Alternative layouts, and more.
Along with stunning locations, these features recreate the most immersive F1 experience to date, with all the drivers, teams, circuits and cars from the real-world F1 2017 season.
F1 2017 on Mac: Everything you need to know
F1 2017 benefits from the latest version of Apple's Metal API and it shows. This game looks much better than F1 2013 and runs better too! Still, this is a sophisticated game with advanced graphics and demanding system requirements:
- OS: 10.12.5
- Processor: 2.0GHz Intel Core i5
- RAM: 8GB
- Graphics: 2GB AMD R9 290M or better, 1.5GB Intel Iris Pro 6200 or better
The game is officially supported on the following machines:
- All 13" MacBook Pros since late 2016
- All 15" MacBook Pros since late 2016
- All 21.5" iMacs since late 2015 with a 2.0GHz Intel Core i5 processor or better
- All 27" iMacs since late 2014
- All Mac Pros since late 2013
The 15-inch Mid-2015 MacBook Pro with an AMD Radeon R9 M370X graphics card can run the game but is not officially supported.
You can download the game from Steam.