XCOM 2: War of the Chosen is now Available for Mac
It was promised this September, but XCOM 2: War of the Chosen was released today, August 31, 2017. That’s at least one full day in advance and we won’t complain!
War of the Chosen is the latest Expansion to the beloved turn-based strategy game XCOM 2. Released for Windows on August 28, 2017, War of the Chosen’s Mac version can be downloaded from Steam or the Feral Store.
But this isn’t your random DLC with a few new units and scenarios.
And more importantly, it introduces The Chosen, the most dangerous enemies XCOM has ever seen. They will kidnap, interrogate, and kill XCOM’s soldiers to complete their objective, but you’ll have access to new Hero classes to fight them off.
This DLC sounds amazing and most reviewers seem to agree: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen is the ultimate XCOM experience.
From Polygon’s review:
What Firaxis has done is grafted a number of key additions onto an already excellent experience. The DLC fully delivers on its promise with new mechanics to learn, new factions to befriend and deadly new enemies to fight against.
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Mac system requirements are:
- OS: 10.12.5
- Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i3
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: 1GB AMD 5750, Nvidia 650M, 1.5GB Intel Iris Pro 5200
- Storage: 78 GB available space
The game is officially supported on the following Macs:
- All 13” MacBook Pros since late 2016
- All 15” MacBook Pros since early 2011 with a 1GB graphics card or better
- All 17″ MacBook Pros since early 2011
- All 21’5” iMacs since late 2013 with a 1GB graphics card or better
- All 27” iMacs since mid 2012 with a 1GB graphics card or better
- All Mac Pros released since mid 2010