Hitman's Ultimate Version is now available on Mac
This is a game that went through hell for several months and it's almost a miracle developer IO Interactive survived.
The MacOS version also suffered because of Metal's limited features, but after a few delays, the new HITMAN for Mac was finally released on June 20, 2017.
This latest adventure, which promises to be one of the finest on Mac this year, puts you back in the shoes of Agent 47. Perform contract hits on high-profile targets in exotic locations around the world and infiltrate locations brimming with secrets, weapons, disguises and, of course, targets to eliminate.
HITMAN: Game of the Year Edition includes:
- The complete first season: All six locations - Paris, Sapienza, Marrakech, Bangkok, Colorado, and Hokkaido.
- The Patient Zero mission arc: Four new missions based around a plot to ignite a viral pandemic.
- Three new Escalation mission packs: The Raven Pack, The Cowboy Pack and The Clown Pack each featuring its own suit, mission, and a killer reward to add to players’ arsenals.
For the record, the fact the game was originally released in episodes was heavily criticized. It's great that IO Interactive decided to release what everyone wanted: a full game. Just like the critically-acclaimed Hitman Absolution.
Hitman on Mac: Everything you need to know
As can be expected from a modern game with great graphics and Metal support, Hitman's system requirements are demanding:
- OS: 10.12.5
- Processor: 2.0Ghz Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Storage: 68GB
- Graphics: 2GB AMD M290 or better (see below for more details)
The game is supported on the following machines:
- All 27" iMacs released since Late 2014
- All 15" MacBook Pros released since 2016
- All Mac Pros released since Late 2013
The following Macs are capable of running the game but do not consistently meet the standards required for official support:
- All 15" MacBook Pros with an AMD graphics card released in 2015
And also, the game only supports AMD graphics at launch:
HITMAN for macOS will launch with support for AMD graphics cards only. Feral hopes to announce more details regarding support for Nvidia and Intel graphics cards shortly.
Hitman is available on the Humble Store for $59.99: