Age of Wonders 3 out on Mac
Age of Wonder 3 is finally out on both Mac and Linux. The game, along with the Eternal Lards Expansion was released on April 14, 2015. And my Newest Mac Games list continues to grow.
The announcement comes directly from developer Triumph Studios, who also took the opportunity to let everyone know that the base game is 67% off.
Eternal Lords is the second major expansion for the well-received strategy game. The Expansion aims to introduce the Tigran and Frostling races, a new Necromancer class and new mechanics, such as the Race Governance system. But even more importantly, this new expansion will mark the arrival of Age of Wonder 3 to the Mac!
For a full list of features, you can visit the game’s official page. The main highlights are:
- The Necromancer Player Class: The Necromancer creates spectacular undead units, such as the Bone Collector, a crablike monstrosity which eats corpses to strengthen itself.
- Torch Bearers, Grey Guard and Shadow Born Leader Specializations: These three new specializations deepen the alignment mechanics.
- Frostling Player Race: Their seafaring skills, offensive fighting style and frost magic spread fear among the coastline villages they pillage.
- Tigran Player Race: Tigrans are natural sprinters, capable of moving far faster in combat than members of the other races, and can transform into Dire Panthers.
- Eternal Lords Story Campaign: An epic battle of the forces of creation: fire versus ice, life versus death.
- Cosmic Happenings: These events occur as the game progresses, disrupting the best laid plans and providing opportunities for cunning players to gain an advantage.
- Race Governance: Relations are now tracked per race, allowing you to make careful decisions who to make ware with.
- Unifier Victory Condition, a dozen Mysterious Map Locations, New Hero Items, Standalone Scenarios and more!
You can watch the Expansion’s official launch trailer here:
The Eternal Lords was released on April 14, 2015 date.You can find it on online stores such as GOG.com or Steam.