Mac Performance Reviews
Can your Mac run it?
Welcome to our Mac Performance Review, the place where we test the most popular MacOS games on several Mac models to see how demanding they really are.
But what can be considered good performance? We usually aim for 30 FPS, because 30 FPS is enough to guarantee a smooth and fluid experience.
To give you some perspective, this is how I describe the different levels of performance:
- Below 20 FPS: Unplayable: Laggy gameplay, full of stutters and slowdowns.
- 20-30 FPS: Borderline: Can be Ok in slow paced games. Still, not optimal.
- 30-45 FPS: Playable: Acceptable for most (most gaming consoles do this).
- 45-60 FPS: Smooth: Fluid gameplay, with no perceivable stutters.
- 60+ FPS: Very Smooth: For hardcore and professional players, a luxury for most.
And if you would like us to review a specific Mac game next, let us know using this form.
Explore by Genre
Get Exclusive Mac Gaming Tips
Learn how to get the most out of your Mac with exclusive news and tips I only share with my private newsletter subscribers.