Hollow Knight, one of the most popular indies from recent years is finally getting a full-blown sequel. It’s called Hollow Knight: Silksong and it’s coming to Mac!
Hollow Knight became an instant hit when it was first released in February 2017. Many went as far as to call it one of the best Metroidvania games ever made. With stylish graphics, a fascinating fallen kingdom of insects to explore and combat that was equal parts satisfying and challenging, Hollow Knight is an easy game to recommend.
Now developer Team Cherry has finally unveiled Hollow Knight’s full sequel: Silksong:
Not much is know about the game so far, but it’s great that Team Cherry already confirmed a Mac release:
Hollow Knight: Silksong will be available, at launch, on Windows, Mac, Linux & Nintendo Switch. More platforms may happen! Just remember, we’re 3 people, already working rather hard, so we haven’t committed to anything else just yet.
Silksong was originally a Kickstarter stretch goal that was meant to be a DLC. Apparently, that DLC grew so much that it eventually became a whole new game on its own. Either way, all the original Kickstarter backers will still get it for free!
Hollow Knight: Silksong Mac requirements
Not much is know about Silksong yet, including release dates or even Mac requirements. That said, the game does list Windows requirements on its Steam page and from the looks of it, this will be a light game that should run great on most MacBooks out there.
These are the game’s Windows requirements:
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E5200
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce 9800GTX+ (1GB)
- Storage: 9 GB available space
And these are some of the game’s main features:
- Discover a whole new kingdom! Explore coral forests, mossy grottos, gilded cities and misted moors as you ascend to the shining citadel at the top of the world.
- Engage in lethal acrobatic action! Wield a whole new suite of nimble moves as you dance between foes in deadly, beautiful combat.
- Craft powerful tools! Master an ever-expanding arsenal of weapons, traps and mechanisms to confound your enemies and explore new heights.
- Solve shocking quests! Hunt down rare beasts, unearth ancient mysteries and search for lost treasures to fulfil the wishes of the downtrodden and restore the kingdom’s hope. Prepare for the unexpected!
- Face over 150 all-new foes! Beasts and hunters, assassins and kings, monsters and knights – defeat them all with bravery and skill!
- Experience a stunning orchestral score! Hollow Knight’s award-winning composer, Christopher Larkin, returns to bring melancholy melodies, symphonic strings and heart-thumping, soul strumming boss themes to the adventure.
We will keep you updated as soon as Team Cherry reveals more information!