Racing game F1 2017 is now Available for Mac
Feral Interactive sure knows how to take care of us.
Not only did they secure F1 2017 for Mac. They released it on August 25, 2017, the same day as the Windows versions.
This is exciting for Mac gamers overall, including those who don’t care about motorsports. F1 2014 and F1 2015 never made it to Mac. F1 2016 did, but a few months late. And now F1 2017 does and on the same day as on Windows.
That’s a positive trend that I hope we will see more of.
Developed and published by Codemasters for Windows and consoles, F1 2017 grants players unprecedented access to the on-track and off-track excitement of F1.
Among the many new features, highlights are:
- A Huge Career Mode. The ten-year Career Mode includes practice programmes to help you hone your skills.
- Expansive Research and Development to provide greater control over the development of your car, and the ability to tune engines and gearboxes over the course of the season.
- A new gameplay mode called Championships.
- Invitational Events.
- Alternative layouts, and more.
Along with stunning locations, these features recreate the most complete F1 experience to come to macOS, with all the drivers, teams, circuits and cars from the real-world F1 2017 season.
F1 2017’s Mac system requirements are:
- macOS 10.12.5
- 2.0GHz Intel Core i5 processor
- 8GB of RAM
- 2GB AMD R9 290M or better, 1.5GB Intel Iris Pro 6200 or better
The game is officially supported on all these Macs:
- All 13″ MacBook Pros since late 2016
- All 15″ MacBook Pros since late 2016
- All 21.5″ iMacs since late 2015 with a 2.0GHz Intel Core i5 processor or better
- All 27″ iMacs since late 2014
- All Mac Pros since late 2013
The 15-inch Mid-2015 MacBook Pro with an AMD Radeon R9 M370X graphics card can run the game but is not officially supported.