With all the hype involving the amazing BioShock Infinite (winner of our 2013′s Top 10 Mac Games), there’s a fair chance you already played it and if haven’t go do it right now. Seriously.
If Infinite opened your appetite to further explore the BioShock universe, StackSocial is currently hosting a big sale for you. They are offering a bundle including Aspyr’s original BioShock and BioShock 2 60% off! That’s $15.99 for two great games (specially the original BioShock):
One of our favorite First-Person shooter for the Mac, BioShock turned the genre on its head when it was first released on consoles and Windows PC in 2006. BioShock is an unique and memorable game that you need to experience. The game’s main highlights are:
- Award-Winning – BioShock has won numerous game of the year awards and features in Metacritic’s Top 10 Highest-Rated Games of All Time.
- Genre Blender – Combines a clever mix of genres: First-person shooter with elements of role-playing and stealth.
- Superb Visual Style – An art-deco world with advanced visual effects combine to create a creepy, immersive environment in which players can lose themselves.
- Sophisticated Concept and Story Line – BioShock incorporates ideas about science and politics, raising profound questions about human nature, the role of government in society, and the morality of harming individuals for the greater good.
- Replayability – No two gamers will play BioShock the same way. Players are encouraged to explore all the nooks and crannies of Rapture.
- Exquisite Sound Design – Outstanding voice acting helps drive the narrative. Music from the 1940s and 1950s echoes through Rapture’s abandoned hallways.
While not as breakthrough as the first of the series, BioShock 2 still managed to recapture most of what made the original BioShock so memorable, plus introduced Multiplayer for the first time. The game’s highlights are:
- Embark on an intense journey through one of the most disturbing fictional worlds ever created in this hauntingly imaginative sequel to BioShock.
- Become the Big Daddy and unleash the raw power of Rapture’s most-feared inhabitant against deadly new enemies such as Brute Splicers and the vengeful Big Sisters.
- Dual-wield your abilities: fire powerful weapons with your right hand while deploying gene-altering plasmids with your left.
- Choose whether to adopt Little Sisters and protect them from splicers, or harvest them for the genetic material they carry.
- Explore the sea bed as a Big Daddy and view Rapture’s breathtaking architecture from the outside.
- Engage in all-out civil war online! BioShock 2 contains a completely separate multiplayer game-set during the Fall of Rapture.
Hurry up, the deal will last until Wednesday January 8th! You can get it here.
So, which BioShock was your favorite?